What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by LeafFilter. Verified testimonials on PissedConsumer is a paid feature of the platform.

LeafFilter Staff

LeafFilter
LeafFilter Staff, not only fixed our gutters for future freedom, but also fixed a leaky gutter problem which we didn't even know existed! Thank you and God bless you for all of your hard work-so perfectly done! -Cynthia W.

Initial meeting very informative

LeafFilter
Initial meeting very informative and professional. Everything explained in detail. Enjoyed meeting your representative. Installation completed without issue. Installer very polite and kept me informed throughout the process. Thank you. -Sherry M.

Fast and High Quality

LeafFilter
I was so pleased with the speed of scheduling a consultation and the installation. Everything about the product was explained thoroughly, and I had a chance to inspect the work and ask questions after installation. Great job all around! -Meg M.

LeafFilter's reply dated Jul 10, 2024 to: Sheila O Uhp's review

We certainly understand the urgency behind your concern. We can assure you that we have relayed your customer information to our support team, and someone will be with you within 48 business hours. If you'd like to speak to a member of our team, please call 800-749-4566 or email us at support@leaffilter.com.
Sheila O Uhp

| map-marker Eugene, Oregon

LeafFilter scammed and Ripped off my Elderly-inlaws for almost 7K

LeafFilter came out razzle dazzle, the sky is falling, you need these on your gutters to save your home. It will protthe fascia,etc.

Two kids came with stuff they just bought at Home Depot- they verbally told us. Yes Home Depot sells the Exact materials at less than $3 a foot. They slapped up a mess, crooked crazy half metal, half plastic extenders for downspouts. In 2 places, we never had them, they DIDN'T WORK.

The pitch of the house doesn't allow water to run there. They came back out in a couple days to look at the mess, they REMOVED the downspouts we were charged for, said a. Reimbursement check would be sent out. HaHaHa.

Nothing. I called over 100 times, no one EVER got back to us. One rep read notes saying they removed old downspouts. We just bought this house, I have the pictures of NO DOWNSPOUTS.

They continue to lie and avoid my emails and calls. They've been out at least 4 times, for leaks, the gutter coming off, etc. These are junk. No Super Silicone they supposedly invented.

It's a SCAM. You can buy the stuff at Home Depot for a tiny fraction of what they took. Almost 7 thousand dollars- For NOTHING. The salesman JIM THEOPHILE is a Weasel.

Liar and a coward. I contacted him multiple times, he's just a terrible person and don't allow him on your property. This whole thing has been a NIGHTMARE. The gutters pile up with tree crap all over it.

They leak when it rains.

WORST DECISION EVER. Scamming tbe ELDERLY.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Garbage material
  • No customer service
  • Terrible installation

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: RUN FROM LEAFFILTER

LeafFilter's reply dated Jun 28, 2024 to: Anjuli Zeq's review

We understand that being a homeowner comes with many responsibilities and the last thing you want to do is clean your gutters. LeafFilter is considered "low-maintenance" because like any exterior part of your home there is some level of upkeep required. We do charge for services not outlined in your warranty. Normally, we don't negotiate these costs; however, if you would like to provide additional details or discuss further, please call 800-749-4566.
Anjuli Zeq
map-marker Houma, Louisiana

Shoddy installation/Poor customer service

Updated by user Jul 21, 2024

I sent a letter to LeafFilter along with photographs of the things I found were wrong on 7-10-2024. Today is 7-21-2024 and I haven't heard from them. I will write again on 8-10-2024.

Original review Jun 20, 2024

Something didn't look right so I climbed the ladder and found that one of the panel ends was curled up, allowing leaves to go in the gutter. I called the Baton Rouge, LA office and they told me I would have to pay $95. It is obvious that the curled up panel is due to defective material or shoddy installation so I told them not to send a repairman

User's recommendation: Do not use this company. Save your money

LeafFilter's reply dated Jun 11, 2024 to: Guest-5915669's review

Please know that we are here for you and want to help. Please call 800-749-4566 at your earliest convenience.
map-marker Newark, Ohio

Less than 4 years and over $3000 the leaf filter was worthless

LeafFilter - Less than 4 years and over $3000 the leaf filter was worthless
LeafFilter - Less than 4 years and over $3000 the leaf filter was worthless - Image 2
LeafFilter - Less than 4 years and over $3000 the leaf filter was worthless - Image 3

We were having new siding put on our home and the contractor showed us why the gutters were not working. The screens were clogged.

When I called LF about the situation, they didnt want to hear it.

I definitely would not recommend. I have pictures but apparently I cannot share.

LeafFilter's reply dated Jun 10, 2024 to: Brenda S Brr's review

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Brenda We take our customers’ concerns very seriously and have shared your review with our support team. Please give them 2-3 business days to contact you. We appreciate your patience and the chance to make this right.
Brenda S Brr

Resolved: Terrible service

LeafFilter - Terrible service
Updated by user Jun 25, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. After several calls to there corporate offices they scheduled someone to come fix my gutter . I still am disappointed I felt like I wasn’t important to them because I was just a service call

Original review Jun 10, 2024

Trying to get a repair done is horrible been 3 weeks no communication and lies .. I was told I could only talk to a district manager if they dont show up and they didnt show up and still no district manager .

They were here the next day to install them when I bought them but boy not in the industry to help service their product . Then get told if I get someone else to do it then it voids the warranty . Terrible .

Call the 800 number and get told Im on the schedule today and check with bob because he didnt say that and he said your not on the schedule I do the schedule so they are just saying that to get you off the phone ! Terrible service .

Preferred solution: To get my job done . To get my gutter repaired and have responsible communication

User's recommendation: Hope you don’t need them to help you fix anything

LeafFilter's reply dated Jun 10, 2024 to: Georgianne Zsp's review

Thank you for reaching out to us and providing this feedback. Your situation is not our standard, and we will share this information with our team to minimize issues like this in the future. Please reach out to us at 800-749-4566, so we can help you directly.
Georgianne Zsp

Cancelling today's appointment for estimate. Extremely difficult to contact.

Still unable to contact anyone. They were aggressively pursuing contact with me, often concealing who wag. I am cancelling todays appointment.

Preferred solution: Cancel appointment

LeafFilter's reply dated Jun 07, 2024 to: Auda Eiw's review

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It looks like our support team is currently working on a resolution for you. We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation. If new details arise, please email us at support@leaffilter.com.
Auda Eiw

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Consumer Fraud

LeafFilter - Consumer Fraud
LeafFilter - Consumer Fraud - Image 2

Follow-up to my review on 5/14/2024. Please do not do business with them.

The contract you sign is not worth the paper it is written on.

On 4/30/2024, I made the 1st call to request assistance from corporate representatives and spoke to Mikala at 10:30 am. She said she would have someone return my call within one business day. Since I didn't get a response, I made the 2nd call on 05/02/24 at 10:50 am and spoke to Nicole, who gave me the same response. Frustrated with the lack of response, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for consumer fraud on 5/02/2024.

On 05/07/2024, I made the 3rd call as I still did not receive a response from the second call. I spoke to Ashley at 12:01 pm, and she said she would have someone return my call within one business day. Finally, on 5/09/2024, I received a call from the Mobile, AL office offering a $600.00 credit. They claimed there was no clog because they missed a 2-foot gap in our filter.

He claimed no filter no clog! However, I insisted the system was clogged and requested a refund as per the "no clog guarantee" in the contract. I also mentioned that I had a video showing the clogged gutters/filters throughout our home (attached still shot could not attach the video here). I sent the video to them.

On 05/14/2024, I submitted a review on Yelp. Shortly after, on May 15, 2024, Twig L. from Corporate responded, suggesting that I email their customer service. On 5/15/2024, Natalie from Customer Service called at 10:45 am and said she would have a manager return my call.

On 5/29/2024, Abigail Whitworth, Customer Relations Manager, called at 9:18 am. According to her, the complaint fell under "Workmanship" and that they would come out and add the 2 ft. missing filter and inspect the work. I referred back to the contract; we had a clog in the system, which is not consistent with the contract we signed.

The fact that they did a faulty job was not our fault. The contract does not limit the no-clog guarantee to installation or workmanship if they mess it up. I requested that she send me an itemization of the work and the number of times they had to return to my home. Each time, I had to take off work to wait on them.

I went back and forth with the BBB to get a resolution. Finally, on June 5, 2024, they notified me that they closed the case, stating that the business addressed the issues within the complaint and that the business made a good-faith effort to answer the complaint. I expressed frustration with obtaining a fair resolution and how the business handled the situation. How did they determine the business made a good faith effort?!

I asked several times how they arrived at the $600.00 credit they were offering, the contract amount was $2,513.00, which I paid in full for work that was supposed to be done in a "substantial and professional manner" (in the contract). I missed several days of work to be home for them to fix their errors in addition to time and aggravation. BBB was of no help. With all the complaints and negative reviews, Leaf Filter has had, they continue to support this business.

Many of these complaints are as recent as May 2024. What happened to doing the right thing! They are in business because of us the consumers, be honest and honor your contract when you violate the terms.

And please stop advertising the "no clog guarantee, no holes, no gaps, no openings = zero clogged gutters!!! They need to be investigated for unethical business practices and consumer fraud.

Very disappointed in Alabama.

User's recommendation: Do not do business with them

LeafFilter's reply dated Jun 05, 2024 to: BobandAnnika M's review

We're delighted that LeafFilter has made a difference in keeping your gutters clog-free! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us!
BobandAnnika M

Review of recent service EVRO 5265-7

Recently had new gutters and Leaf filter installed. Problem with inside miter plugging up so replaced by Tim from Leaf filter with good results. Pleased that the company worked hard to correct the problem and were pleasant to work with.

LeafFilter's reply dated Jun 05, 2024 to: Chad H Ufl's review

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Chad. It looks like our support team is currently working on a resolution for you. We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation. If new details arise, please email us at support@leaffilter.com.
Chad H Ufl

Very unsatisfied Customer

Updated by user Jun 30, 2024

It has not rained, since the Technician made changes. Won't know until it does.

Original review May 31, 2024

Your regional manner informed me today tvhat Leaf Filter would not hold true on your Warranty amd that Id pay to have them come and dremove the debris from my gutter system. Water runs over them without them being clogged.

The didnt before the install. IThis is not what I paid for!! You guys are in violation of your own Warranty. Your Manager didnt care, was rude and extremely unprofessional.

He made it personal. His name was Mike. He did not give me a Last name. I want to speak with someone that actually cares.

My name is Chad Hendricks, 125 N Fork Drive, Anderson SC 29621. 828-387-****

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy this product. What a nightmare for us. Money down the drain.

LeafFilter's reply dated May 28, 2024 to: Patrick R Qcd's review

Customer satisfaction is our priority and we take your request seriously. We were unable to find your information based on the information you provided. Please feel free to contact us at 800-749-4566, so we can ensure a 5-star experience.
Patrick R Qcd

| map-marker Montreal, Quebec

Resolved: Copy of invoice needed.

Updated by user Jun 08, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They sent me the requested document.

Original review May 24, 2024

In March 2022, you changed my gutters at 3 Orr Street. Ottawa, ON, K2J 1E5.

I am presently in process to sell my property, and I cannot find the invoice you provided me with. I have to give this invoice to the new owner.

Please, email me a copy.

Thank you in advance.

User's recommendation: I had to make them come back several times, before I had a job done almost properly..

LeafFilter's reply dated May 22, 2024 to: Lee R Duk's review

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Rice. We have escalated your concerns with our support team, and they will be in touch with you shortly. If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 800-749-4566.
Lee R Duk

Verified Reviewer

Great gutter system but horrible service after installation!

I had a Leaf Filter system installed 2 years ago and just recently noticed that the gutter on the back of my house was clogged in two spots. I have called the local Lead Filter office to get them to come out and correct the issue as this is part of your warranty!

I called and set up an appointment and when the day came, they never showed!! I have called Leaf Filter 3 times and escalated my issue, no one has called me back!!

This is ridiculous!!! Horrible service!

Preferred solution: For someone to show up and fix a warranty issue!!

User's recommendation: Do not purchase their gutter system due to horrible service!!

LeafFilter's reply dated May 22, 2024 to: Brian Ktq's review

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Brian. It looks like our support team is currently working on a resolution for you. We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation. If new details arise, please email us at support@leaffilter.com.
Brian Ktq
map-marker Santa Clarita, California

Bad job and experience

LeafFilter - Bad job and experience
LeafFilter - Bad job and experience - Image 2
LeafFilter - Bad job and experience - Image 3
LeafFilter - Bad job and experience - Image 4

Leaf Filter put my gutters in wrong and when they sent somebody out to correct it I already had flooding into my living room that caused mold. Ive been trying to get Leaf Filter to take responsibility and pay me back for the money I put out to remove the mold in my house.

Its been months and I just get the runaround.

I would never recommend them to anyone. Terrible company terrible communication, employees who dont care about the quality of their work or their customer satisfaction.

User's recommendation: Never use them

LeafFilter's reply dated Apr 16, 2024 to: Guest-5794129's review

Customer satisfaction is our priority. Please feel free to contact us at 800-749-4566, or email at support@leaffiler.com so we can ensure a 5-star experience.
map-marker Shallotte, North Carolina

Damaged roof from installation

Installers cut two rows of shingles while installing leaf filters and damaged several areas of roof, leaving the bare plywood showing in one place. The second company employee looked at the roof, and admitted their installers had done major damage to,roof.

At his request, we got two,estimates for,the repair. An insurance adjuster also came out to examine the damage. Three days later we got a phone call from the insurance company stating Leaf Filter had no insurance. Since then I have called the local office.

On the one time the phone was answered, I was told they would be in touch with corporate and call me back. Which has never happened.

Repeated phone calls and emails have been ignored. I will never recommend this company because you clearly do not have any measure of quality assurance or customer service.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company ever.

LeafFilter's reply dated Mar 05, 2024 to: Wilma L Yxh's review

This is certainly not the level of service we expect for our customers. There are several details in your review that we would like to learn more about. We have forwarded your information to our support team, but if we can help you in the meantime please email support@leaffilter.com.
Wilma L Yxh

| map-marker Mesa, Arizona

Resolved: Check on the veterans discount we were supposed to receive

Updated by user Mar 10, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Talked to Mgr of sales personnel.

Very nice,professional attitude. Her offer was very generous and she actually cared that her customer was satisfied.

Original review Mar 03, 2024

Had your product installed on January 11,2024. Excellent service from the installer but your sales rep not so much!

Contacted sales rep several times about the veteran discount. First contact he promised we would receive it which we never did (to my knowledge). Contacted him several times and received an excuse each time!

The last text I sent got NO reply!! Am hoping you can help me with this matter.

User's recommendation: Be very cautious when doing business with leaffilter. They pick and choose what complaints to act on. They chose not to act on my complaint for whatever reason. (No explanation) . They didn't offer me any proof that I received the veteran discount which their sales rep promised. Check their prices againt other companies. Will never refer this company to anyone!!

LeafFilter's reply dated Feb 14, 2024 to: Guest-5619010's review

map-marker Lithonia, Georgia

Over priced work did not look professionally done.

repaired fascia and soffit contractors came late evening and did not have enough daylight to complete the job end up working in the dark, next morning I was not pleased with the plywood showing and not replaced with primed white wood.

User's recommendation: Don’t use them I have called the customer service number left messages and one has reached out to me. I paid $796.00 for a blotched up job.

LeafFilter's reply dated Feb 08, 2024 to: Carla G Zlp's review

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Carla. We take our customers’ concerns very seriously and have shared your review with our support team. Please give them 2-3 business days to contact you. We appreciate your patience and the chance to make this right.
Carla G Zlp

| map-marker Forest Falls, California

To find someone that gives a *** & backs up your product

Updated by user Mar 14, 2024

They’re ignoring the roof damage they caused. They didn’t replace the fascia board or the flashing that was torn up by their installer.

They have already admitted fault multiple times and promised to repair all the damage they’ve caused multiple times. They finally replaced the gutters and now they’re ignoring the roof damage and didn’t replace the flashing or fascia board at the back of the house as to agreement.

Original review Feb 08, 2024

I have been dealing with LeafFilter since November 2022. I need someone to come out & fix what they have messed up & repair the damage done by their sub-contractor employees. They've had at least 3 people come out & assess the damage, document & take pictures. Plus I have sent multiple pictures myself. They all agree it's messed up, the roof needs fixed, 3 of my existing gutters that were brand new seamless gutters that were installed prior to LeafFilter replaced, the fascia board & flashing replaced, etc, & the system that I paid for properly installed. The leak that they have caused is soaking my siding worse than it was when they assessed the damages last time. I have been told time & time again that they would take care of this mess & have someone out here to repair & install. Then they decided that the roofer should take care of that first, so they gave me a number to a roofer to call & get estimate. Their roofer did not show up. Then they decided I should choose a roofer, get estimate & send it to them. The first 2 roofers that came out didn't want to be involved. The third one inspected, sent me an estimate & pictures of what needed done & I promptly sent them to Don Cipriano as requested. Then I call them because they never do & I'm told my claim was denied. What claim!! I never filed a claim! What claim? There is no claim! This is what you did & what you need to fix. I don't need to claim anything. They messed up & they need to fix it. Multiple people have been here to document & take pictures & all have said how terrible it looks, apologized for the damages, noted the damages & what wasn't done & said someone would be in contact. However, they told me to go ahead & get a roofer out for estimate so they would have that, as well. Then they wanted me to go ahead & have the repairs made to the roof & then I would get reimbursed by the subcontractor they use that caused the damage. I said absolutely not. They would be getting reimbursed not me. So, here we are & nothing is fixed, the damage from the leak is getting worse & still nothing. What the heck can you do for me to get somebody out here & fix this nightmare they've created. Since this all started, I have had a stroke. This is not good for me. I shouldn't have to be dealing with this stress. They *** up, they have already admitted that multiple times, they need to follow through & fix it. Period.

Carla Gordon

Crestline CA.

(909)589-****

(562)544-****

User's recommendation: They make appointments then No Call, No Show. Promise they'll fix your issues promptly & don't follow through. Their customer service is horrid & they don't stand behind their product. On sign up, what was pitched & what actually took place was absolutely not the same.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article